Monday, August 19, 2013

Awesome Week

Aug 19, 2013

Hello my beautiful family. La neta de planeta is that this week was tons of fun. I am super content as a missionary, life is real good. Sunday we got a call from zone leaders tellin us that there were no transfers for us and that Elder Castro and I are going to stick around here in Cuauhtemoc for at least another 6 weeks. To tell you the truth 4 transfers with the same companion is a long time. But we will cross our fingers that he doesnt kill me and that we can keep on working at the pace we have been working. A half hour I got a surprise phone call from Elder Villegas, my trainer! He has finished up his time as a missionary and is headed back to Puebla Mexico. As he was sayin his goodbye to me he began to cry! I love that guy so much and he taught me tons. I only hope that I might be able to love, serve and teach my companions in the way that he loved me.

But yo, things are getting way hot here! They tell us that this week and next are going to be the hottest weeks of the whole year. I am drinking water like a dairy cattle and am applying sunscreen like a mother applies sunscreen on her newborn at the beach. Hermosillo can be a little stubborn at times and lately they dont really want to answer their doors because of this heat. its kinda similar to the cold temperatures in Cananea. I have never prayed so hard for physical strength so hard in my life, the sun kills all of your energy by the end of the day. its great.

This week again we had interchanges with other Elders in my District, these ones lasted for 2 days. I was able to scope out the area of Elder Valle from Anaheim California. I'm pretty sure he and I were good buddies in the pre existence because we got along super well. Together we were able to teach a bunch of lessons and it was fun for me to meet some new members. At the end of the day Elder Valle treated me like a royal king and treated me to a fancy dinner on the street, we ate gringas. they were tacos del pastor that I had never tried before. This Sunday also turned out to be an incredible day. We had the chance to confirm our investigators como miembros de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los últimos días. For the first time of my mission, I was able to give the gift of the Holy Ghost to Paloma. Before, the investigators had always asked me to baptise them haha so logically my companion always conformed them. So this Sunday was special for me.

In these upcoming weeks in September we plan to baptise! We have put baptismal goals with many of the people we are teaching and pray that they might continue to work towards and achieve these goals. A cool thing about being a missionary and a teacher is that while you are teaching lessons you are also learning. I have gained a testimony of personal revelation, because several times in these last few weeks I have received answers to my prayers while I was actually in mid sentance while teaching investigators. its a bit difficult to explain. you might have to read that sentence a couple times to understand it haha however these are awesome little moments I have where I can see me progress. I dont think I will ever cease to grow spiritually, every single week I am blessed to see a little bit more spiritual personal progress! this week was great and I am happy. I love my family and I am so thankful for all of you. Mom, Dad, Grandparents, Uncle, Aunts, Cousins, friends. My heroes. Often the sweet memories I have with my loved ones keeps me going in this crazy hot city of Hermosillo. Time and time again my heroes have motivated, uplifted and strengthened me during the ups and downs of the mission life. I know this church is true, Christ lives and loves us. Look to Him in times of sadness, loneliness, fear and trial. Remember the nails Farrow Family! Have an incredible week :)

Les Quiero Mucho,
Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment