Monday, January 21, 2013

TENER PASION POR SU MISION!

studyin up the book of James as I warm up next to our heaters! haha I look mad, i wasnt!
This young chap is crazy! He kept on kickin my shin so i put him up on my shoulders where he started to pull my hair
After a meal with the family Figeroa Medina! Such an amazing family. the most humble people I know. they sacrifice quite a bit to feed their missionaries with the best food they have! their home is smaller half of our garage!
21 enero 2013

Hello family!

I cant believe how fast time is flying by! I am one week short of my second cambio (transfer) in the field! this week turned out to be a whirlwind of fun? Writting this email I sit back in this cold foldable chair, breath in deep, and reflect on the craziness that happened this week. Like always.Through the up and downs here in Cananea I know that my God and my family are proud because I really am tryin my hardest out here. I am always trying to look at the bright side of things but often its a tough. Im not gonna lie, this week was a little bit difficult for Elder Villegas and I. Cananea has the strangest weather! We began the week wearing layers and layers of sweaters. In fact it was so cold that our water froze over night on Tuesday and we couldnt shower or use the sink until thursday night! our electricity also was gone haha but now its toltally hot outside and im wearing one of my shortsleeved shirts. the people here kid around and say that you can experience Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall all in the same week. Its true!

But yes, we sure walked a ton this week. Sometimes we can hit all the corners or our area. starting the day in Aguapequaria, then to La Roca, back down the hill to Gomesada, finishing the day en la colonia central, and returning home. Hardly anybody here have cell phones and it is difficult to set appointments, so when we show up knocking on their door, alot of the time they are not home, or have to leave very soon. We plan to visit the next day, but the same thing happens over and over again! This is why when we get into a house and teach a solid lesson we (like mexican jumping beans) rejoice.

Our investagators are doing well. Trying their best to read their books of mormon and really making some sacrifices to go to church and put away bad habits. It sure is a blessing in my life to see their lives improve. I tell them, "poco a poco puede cambiar su vida" meaning little by little you can make these changes in your life! With our Savior we can do all things, and it is a confirmation of my testimony that He is absolutely willing to help, only if we ask Him to. through good works and foward progress I can see their faith growing!

A great highlight of my week was that I was able to hear from a member of the seventy. Elder Cornish and his wife spoke to us friday! He stressed the importance of working with members and had a little motto that I loved! TENER PASIÓN POR SU MISIÓN! or have passion for your mission! He really opened my eyes to the incredible work that I am a part of as a missionary for the church. He told us that we are part of the greatest religious movement the world has ever known. All the missionaries left the meeting pumped and ready share the gospel! haha our zone needed a little motivation for sure. I definitely set some goals to improve as a missionary!

We had plans to baptise Arleth, an 8 year old belonging to an inactive family that we have reactivated, this Sunday. Do to some issues with broken water pipes we needed to postpone her batism. You should have seen me on top of the roof, with scotch tape and cardboard trying to fix these pipes Sunday during the second hour of church. I told them, "dont worry, i know what I am doing. My dad is a roofer!" hahaha Obviously you didnt teach me good enough dad, still no water in the font!!!

I have so much passino for this mission and the missionary work. I love this church with all my heart. What an awesome opportunity I have to share my testimony with these beutiful Cananeans. I want to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ with the world, and Elder Farrow appened to start his jouney in Sonora Mexico. Trials, bring em on. With the help of my older brother Christ I have all the confidence in the world! I look forward to my next week as a missionary, who knows what my Father in Heaven has in store for me. and it might be my last week in this area, we shall see! Love you all.

Have a great week,

Elder Farrow

P.S. Brooke Shanequa Farrow! congrats on Hawaii! Im stoked for you! you are gnna have the time of your life. I cant believe you are going from paradise in san diego to paradise in Hawaii, you lucky trout. like it says in Blake chapter 4 verse 12 "the future is as bright as you want it to be." learn to surf yeah?

yeee hawww Im happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment