Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I almost died! Just Kidding!!!!

July 22, 2013

The weeks feel like hours here, i cant believe i am writing another email so fast. This week was great. Things are progressing well. We have had a lot of fun getting to know our new friend Angela, and we continue to help her organize her house haha she went to church on Sunday and loved it! We pray for our old investigators, they understand very well that they need to go to church, if they are really ready to be baptised they will go. However, we have stopped visiting them so frequently. I am here to baptise, we don't spend our time convincing, only inviting. I love teaching the gospel, I have fell into my groove as a teacher. Spanish is still improving and I am still flooded with new vocabulary every week. I was actually a little sick this week. I don't know, the food just didn't sit well with me. Upset stomach, throw up, lots of fun stuff. haha

I was able to do 3 baptismal interviews with an investigator family this week. they are investigators of Elder Rasmussen and Perez, my zone leaders. I always enjoy sitting down with the people that are about to be baptised, their faith is super strong. I tell them that they inspire me, but they don't believe me. ITS THE TRUTH! life goes on here in Mexico. Sometimes i miss the good ol USA, but I love the culture that I am now a part of. ON Thursday night we had a noche de hogar (family night) with Mercedes and her family. We were outside on her patio and we began to share a message about 3 Nephi 11, where Christ visits the Americas, when all of a sudden we see this wall of sand coming towards us. A wall as tall as a skyscraper and as wide as the pacific. It was just like in the movies, haha a little scary to think that some people where not able to make it to shelter. Luckily we booked it inside Mercedess home and watched the storm from a window. It lasted about 5 or so minutes. No real damage was done to anything, but everything was covered by a couple inches of sand! the most random weather here! Finished the night with some bomb quesadillas.

I love the mish and my family. I'm so lucky to have a supportive and loving family, you guys are my rock and my motivation. I'm 100 percent positive God loves us, and that Jesus Christ lives. I have felt His love so many times while I've been here in Sonora. thank you for your pictures and emails. I always print them out, and read them a couple times each hahah. Brooklyn, Happy Early Birthday my good lad, I will be celebratin here big time, trust me! All is well

Love Elder Farrow

P.S. Im really happy or my good buddy Conrad whos joinin the ranks as a missionary. Little James Weeks, I'm stoked about your mission call and cant wait to taklñ with you in Spanish. and to Nic, congrats on the missin call too!


No comments:

Post a Comment