Thursday, September 12, 2013

Choose to be HAPPY!

Thursday, Sept 12, 2013

Hello family and friends! These last 10 days have been great. I have learned that happiness is a choice we have to make. I have tried to train my brain to only look at the positive and improve the negative. Im pretty sure I will never be completely satisfied with the work I am doing as a missionary. I am constantly looking to strengthen my strengths and eliminate my weaknesses. Like I have said before the mission is a roller coaster of emotion and one needs to buckle up tight in order to stay on the coaster tracks. I have relied so much on the scriptures, the holy ghost, and my Savior as He guides for me in times of difficulty and trial. I am definitely enjoying the ride, however at the same time, I am understanding how to work. One of the greatest secrets of missionary work is work! If a missionary works, he will get the Spirit, if he gets the Spirit, he will teach by the spirit, and if he teaches by the spirit, he will touch the hearts of the people and he will be happy (remember this is the choice we make). There will be no homesickness, no worrying about families, girlfriends, or other shenanigans back in the US.  because this missionary will have all his time, talents and interest centered on the work of the ministry. This is my goal.  Maybe the prophet Alma described this missionary work best while talking about Ammon and his brothers, "behold, they have labored exceedingly."

I have caught this missionary fire and look forward to the second half of this mission. If only time could pass a little bit slower. Our investigators are progressing. Abelardo is a 13 year old who has loved our visits, and tells us for the first time in his life he feels close to God. His prayers are hilarious and we are trying to teach him reverence. He will be baptized soon :) Mercedes is an older mom of 5 kids, every one of her children have their own problemitas, for example her 14 year old daughter in pregnant. Mercedes however has not picked up a can of beer in 3 weeks and is learning of the healing power in the atonement. She is a loyal investigator and hasn't missed a sunday in 7 weeks. This week in a very spiritual lesson we were finally able to put a baptismal date with her for the 21st of this month. We shall see what happens! We are teaching Gonzala, Deyvi, Idennia, and Yareth. They love to learn and ask very educated questions, for 2 weeks now we have seen only part of the family at church, we hope and plan to see all of them on Sunday. Of course there is still Elena. Elena is an eternigator, because it might take the eternities do get her into the baptismal waters. We love her to death, and wont give up on her.

The mission will be receiving 22 missionaries this transfer and then 26 the next. Hermosillo is about to see lots of area changes and lots of missionaries will be opening up new areas. This week we were assigned to look for more work on the north side of our area. We are thinking that 2 more missionaries will be coming to our ward, and they need some work in the north. Castro and I took initiative and tried our best to find some more people to teach. Almost as if we were opening up a new area again. Also this week we got poured on 2 times! The rain here is crazy haha it can be blazin hot then suddenly, 20 minutes later, clouds will roll in and it'll rain. I love it. We took cover  waiting for the storm to pass for about 30 mins on tuesday. (I guess you could say this is part of the roller coaster ride).

After writing this email Elder Castro and I will take la ruta 4 centro to the centro, then take la ruta 11 to la colonia Pitic. We are going to enter the temple. The whole zone actually! I am super excited and look forward to the special spirit we will be able to feel in the house of the Lord. I will be thinking about my family forsure. I love you guys so much. Sometimes at night I am almost brought to tears thinking about how lucky I am to have the Farrow family. What did I do to have such a beautiful, loving family? We are working towards an Eternal Family today. Never loose sight of this goal. I know the church is true and I know God lives. He knows exactly what is going on and always wants us to come unto our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. This week I will follow Him. This week I will choose to be happy!

Les Quiero Machin,

Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment