Monday, February 17, 2014

Awesome Week




Feb 17, 2014

This Saturday Angel was baptised! and it was one of the most beautiful baptismal services I had ever seen, the spirit was so strong. We were very few in attendance, but everyone that showed up was truly edified by the spirit that was present. He was absolutely glowing with righteousness. we met him a month and a half ago, and today he is a completely new person, and he knows it. Angel is so grateful for the changes and modifications he has seen in this short period of time! This Gospel does miracles! I had never seen somebody so calm yet so anxious before baptism. Once we were in the baptismal water he didn't want to leave the font, he had a grin from ear to ear and gave me the biggest hug right there in the water. Can you tell I love the guy? And his confirmation the day after was just as beautiful

Other news in the week was that we as a mission were privileged to hear from Elder Craig C. Christensen of the presidency of the Quorum of the Seventy. Packed like sardines in the Pitic chapel, 180 missionaries listened to His divinely prepared messages. He is a spiritual giant, a powerhouse speaker, and humble example of a worthy servant of Jesus Christ! His wife was also incredible and touched my heart with her talk about prayer and personal revelation. It honestly was one of the most memorable mornings of my entire mission. I was very impressed with all of the themes that were presented. Among them, powerful and meaningful prayers, patience, self confidence and desire! Before the conference we took a picture as a mission in front of the temple. Oh! and 7 other missionaries and I sang "Israel God is Calling!", my good buddy Elder Rasmussen and I sang the alto part, and we barely managed to squeak out our voices because it was so high, and so early in the morning! Another weekly miracle ;) All in all a fantastic Tuesday.

The next day we did interchanges with the assistants, Elder Ixcot from Guatemala is a hero of mine, and an Elder I have looked up to my entire mission. His positive drive made me realize how effective we can be and need to be working as a mission. The zone is in fire, but we are still working out the kinks in a few areas. Throughout my time here in Satelite we have constantly struggled to receive references from member and find new people to teach. This week my companion and I Elder Christensen set a goal to talk to everyone we saw haha I actually had alot of fun with it. Even though I started 65% of the conversations with the ol´ "dang its hot" one-liner, I enjoyed talking with and meeting new people. I love seeing their faces light up when they talk about their families. Together we sacked almost 75 names and addresses I'm always telling people I have the most beautiful family with four crazy sisters and 2 pacient parents. Im so thankful for you guys!

This Valentines Day was madly in love with misisonary work. There is no greater joy! I am happy, I can promise you that. The little bumps on the road don't slow me down, they just make me want to be even stronger and faster. I know that bigger bumps are yet to come in my life and I know this mission is preparing for my future. Daily I try to turn me weakness into strengths, my faults into victories and my wounds into wisdom. I know my Savior lives and I know that His atoning sacrifice never ceases to stop giving and healing. I know this church is true and I know that Christ expects the best from all His missionaries! I love my family so much and I hope you have an amazing week!

Remember the Nails,

Elder Farrow




No comments:

Post a Comment