Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy 21st Bday mom!

25 marzo 2013.

Momma and Brinley! happy birthdays! I hope you know I was shootin you birthday wishes all day on the 22nd and the 23rd! And Bailey, enjoy this spring break, i wish i could be celebrating with you in San Clemente, but the Lord has other plans for me! :)

This week was pretty sweet. Elder Liddle and I have been working very hard to help our investigators progress! We have bounced around with baptismal dates for a few of our investigators and hope they will put their confidence in the lord and accept our challenges! Its a super fun work that I am a part of. With my spanish finally pretty clear, obviously not flawless, I am able to chat with any Mexicano I want. Before the mission I pretty much didnt have a problem with talking with anyone, but here it is nowhere close to an issue. I talk to mexicans big and small, tall and round, short and stout, drunk and sober. You name it. Perhaps it is my favorite part of the work, opening my mouth and inviting people to come unto Christ. Ok, I think you get the picture.. Anyways, my time here in Cananea I have had to say goodbye to some of my favorite investigators. Starting with Victoria, then to Terry and Daniel, and many others. I don't want to lose any more. It is my fear that some"thing" will come up with the people we are teaching will fall away. Seems to be a regular trend. I put my faith in Gods plan and sometimes all I can do is pray.

In respect to Luis, Dennia and their son Bruno, they love our visits and enjoy the messages they share, however are still waiting on the big answer that they haven't received. We feel like Dennia is on board, but she isnt willing to be baptised without her hubby. They haven't been to church in 2 weeks. We are also teaching a woman named Claudia and her beautiful daughters! They are always down in the dumps about some family issues and we are stressing the importance of the church in families, and how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses those that live His teaching. also that the home is the best place we can put into practice the principles we learn at church. However, we also havent seen them at church in 3 weeks. We are teaching Patricia. She is gold. She has been loving everything we teach her, and accepts it as truth without any doubts. She has a baptismal date for the 6th! we have yet to teach her commandments like word of wisdom, and law of chastity, but we hope she will be progressing right along without any speedbumps on her way to baptism.In other news we have reactivated a super cool family these last couple weeks. The Gonsalez family, they are from Hermosillo and are finally coming back to the church after 10 years of not going. They have asked me to baptise their 2 sons, Fransisco and Guillermo, ages 9 and 11. April 6th will be an incredible day if all goes to plan.

Through the ups and downs here in Cananea, I keep my chin up. As Kelly Clarkson once said, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." and I'm not dead yet, so I'm getting stronger. I learn so much from every single experience here in Mexico. I love the mission and the incredible opportunities it gives me to grow and learn. I love my family and hope all is well in San Diego. Enjoy your spring break and don't do anything I wouldn't do. haha have a great week.

Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment