Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easters!

1. Chillin with a cows head we found on the side of the street.
2. Vive México!
3. Winning. Need I say any more





April 1, 2013

What is up family! If there was a word to describe this week I would probably choose solid. Honestly, I started this week with tons of goals in mind. I wanted to step up my game to another level! I know that we, as missionaries, aren't supposed to focus on dats and numbers, but I put a number down for tons of goals. I set goals for how many push ups I would do in the mornings, to the number of people on the streets I would talk to, the number of old woman I would help across the street, the number of lizards I would see on the ground and the amount of tortillas I would eat. Just kidding not those last ones. However! We usually get somewhere around 20 to 25 lessons in a week, and I absolutely thrashed my old record with 34 lessons! hah A whole bunch of prayer has finally paid off. Some days were better than others, but it seemed like everywhere we went we had success. people were in their houses, willing, and able to invite us in and listen to our message.

Part of our success was because everybody was on their spring break and wanted to hear a little about Christ during this Easter time. Celebrations here are a whole lot different from home. On Friday, in the town central there was a parade of about 200 people dressed up as roman soldiers, apostles, followers of Christ, and there was even a Jesus! It was all very sad, people had painted on blood on their faces, and some people were going around crying. others plaid their roles as mocking Christ as he walked to Calvary (the town square). But yes, a whole lot different. You tend to not see those parades in Escondido. I love the way Latter Day Saints celebrate the life of Christ instead of his death!

We have another goal to baptise 4 people on Saturday! Patricia, Fransisco, Guillermo, and Gabi. All seems to be going to play, but we are still working with Patricia and her law of chastity issues. She is working with her boyfriend and hope they will be able to separate or get married by Saturday. They have been together for 2 years. She will be baptised one way or another because of her inspiring faith, but we hope she will be able to take a leap of faith and trust in the Lord so she can be baptised on Saturday. We have been prayin our little hearts out for her. Gabriella, Franny and Guillermo are three studs, considering their young ages they are very smart, and understand the importance of baptism. Just as my little sis Brinley is preparing for baptism this week they are too. I am so happy for you Brin, I wrote you a hand written letter today, and I hope you will be able to get it before you big day! You too are about to take a leap of faith, and know that Christs arms are wide open ready to catch you. I wish I could be there with you and all our family, but know that you will be in my heart and thoughts this week!

All is well here in Cananea. I am becoming a better missionary daily, and always look for ways to improve my missionary work daily. I have grown so close to the people here and I know it is going to be a tough goodbye. Cambios are in two weeks, obviously I dont know when or where I will be changed, but I have a feeling my time is winding down here in Cananea Sonora. I love my job, my calling, my family, my faith and my God. Have an incredible week, and enjoy general conference. Kia Kaha

Les Quiero Mucho,
Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment