Monday, May 6, 2013

8 Months!

hello! another speedy week in the mission field! This week was one of those weeks when you work your tail off and study super hard and try your very best to be obedient, just so you can see some progress with investigators, and less actives, and families in the ward, but see little to no results! I was pretty down when Sunday came around and there were no investigators at church. I know the Lord has his ways of working, and I have faith in His plan for His children. Another week goes down in the books. I have never prayed so dang hard in my life! I get home from the  days work and crash down onto my knees in front of my bed and let my Father in Heaven know what I feel, I ask, and ask, give thanks and pour my heart out to Him. If there is one thing I have learned throughout my short time here in Hermosillo is humility linked with patience.

I was strengthened by a proverb this week, when I read one night while preparing for bed! In Proverbs  29:23 it says, "A mans pride shall bring him low, but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit." I love its simplicity. These few words gave me just a little bit more motive to endure. I have been humbled time after time here on the mission and I need to be humbled so much more. It is an incredible opportunity I have to serve these people of Cuauhtemoc and I am not going to let a few rough weeks get in my way from helping  these people here enter into the waters of baptism! I pray for success. I want my greenie Elder Castro to feel the joy I have felt bringing people unto Christ through baptism.

But yep. I love the mish, what more can I say and write. my spanish is getting better? Elder Castro doesn't talk much, haha  But I have been singing hymns out loud to myself to pass the time. I don't want to be a downer haha this week we taught a whole bunch of lessons and met a whole bunch of people. and  I believe we have pretty much memorized the routes of the public bus system here. Its pretty easy, and I love talkin to the randoms in the busses. All is well

 I loved seein all the pics from Prom, its pretty crazy to think my sisters are pretty. I mean it seems like pretty much yesterday I was changin their pretty little diapers and showin  them the ropes of making cold cereal. but time flies! especially here on the mission, pretty crazy to think I have been out here for 8 months. I have enjoyed every bit of my time here in Mexico, and look  forward to the many adventures that are ahead! I love my fam, you guys are my anchor and keep me smiling even when the days are rough. I cant wait to hera from you guys on Sunday! have an incredible week!

Love Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment