Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Me and Elder Castro in a companion bonding session haha

My District!
Hello my great family!I think I'm still smiling from our phone call yesterday, it was so sweet to talk to you all. Thank you for your support, I am so lucky to have been blessed with the family that I have. No words can describe my appreciation  for each and every one of you. Scott, Mom, Dad, Austin, everyone I give you a big thumbs up for the advise you gave me. Everything we talked about were much needed motivators, and I am stoked to improve my work, and step up my game again like I have time and time before.

This week continued to be fun. Lets just say that, I expressed a lot to you all about my situation here and I look to the heavens for a little added help every day. After countless lessons we were unable to see many of our investigators at church on Sunday. Its like I am just waiting to open a Chinese fortune cookie that tells me that all the hard will pay off soon. I look forward with my faith and my trust in the lord. Like we discussed yesterday, my attitude is going to have to stay positive, even if I have to convince myself that everything is going to turn our just fine.

This week I was able to do my first baptismal interview as District Leader. It was a pretty cool and spiritual experience and I look forward to many more in upcoming weeks. This week I was also able to dedicate 2 houses. It is not a priesthood ordinance rather than just a super sincere prayer with the family in the home we will bless. They were both very cool experiences and I took pride in teaching these families how to create mini temples, or houses of order (DandC 88:119). All in the life of a missionary. This week should be great, I will be practicing a special musical number a couple times in preparation to sing in front of D. Todd Christofferson! Pray for me! hah we will have all the mission together on Saturday morning and it'll be cool to see some old friends. But more important, I will get to hear from an apostle! I cant wait to be put in my place, be edified, inspired, and uplifted!

I love this church and this gospel. I love my God, my Redeemer and my family. I love being a missionary and influencing the lives of those I serve here in Mexico. I am grateful for this chance to be a representative of Jesus Christ and cant wait for the adventures that lie ahead. I know that I will encounter trials and defeats, but I will never be defeated. In fact, its necessary to encounter the defeats so I can know who I am, what I can rise from and how I can still be successful. All with the help and support of my Savior.

Have a great week!
-Elder Farrow
1. Me and Elder Castro in a companion bonding session haha
2. My District!
3. Never a dull moment out here
4. Seeing jetskiis give me the willies if you know what I mean

No comments:

Post a Comment