Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Chug some Eggnog for me!

Dec 16, 2013

After reading all of my families emails my heart is filled with so much joy and happiness! I am so thankful for the family that I have. this week seemed like it was an incredible one for all of you and the same went for me. mas que nada, Lexi Im so happy for you, love you lots and know that Elder Farrow was including you in his prayers everyday last week. Camden, congrats on finally meeting Santa, and welcome back to the mainland Brooklyn.  today was cambios and it looks like ill be hangin in Satelite for Christmas. there is some good work coming up and we look forward to these next few weeks with lots of hope, and jolliness. Hermosillo seems to be a little more americanized than Cananea and every day I see more and more Christmas lights on the streets and I have enjoyed helping members and investigators put up their Christmas trees. I guess we can count that as service right?

This week, like all other weeks, had its up and downs. I would like to think that we as a world grow closer to Christ at Christmas time, but we had some very slow hours this week trying to contact some new people to teach with little success. Caminando como locos. I had a sweet experience Tuesday night. After only having one lesson all day, at 6pm Elder Joyner and I were a little wiped. All plans had fallen through and we were brought to the "now what?!" part of the day. We crossed our arms and bowed our heads and right there in the street, and I offered a little prayer. I asked God to give us a little of His grace, and lead us to someone that was willing, able and wanting to learn about His gospel. The prayer wasn't longer than 15 seconds. We started walking, in what direction we don't know, and arrived at little home with a single light bulb lit up, only to illuminate a humble nativity scene in front of their front door. We knocked, Francisco answered, we taught, and our simple prayer in the street was answered! We finished the night teaching 3 other lessons. But I just loved that little prayer. It made a real turnaround for us that afternoon. We learned to never lose hope and to keep on keeping on.

I know the spirit guides, protects, and enlightens us. I know that grace is Gods divine power, help and support, that is offered to us only through the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. I also know that this support will only be gifted to us based upon our obedience and diligence. I love Moroni´s testimony at the end of the Book of Mormon, when he teaches us that grace will only come after we have loved God after our 100%. With all our heart, might, mind and strength. I love being a missionary and serving my brothers and sisters here in Mexico. Please pray for them :) I treasure in my heart, the testimony I have of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His church, in the Plan of Salvation, and especially the love and saving grace of my Heavenly Father. This week brought so much progress and know I grew closer to our Savior. I know He lives!!

This week should be another great one. The zone has seen so many changes in these last few months and we will be seeing many miracles and baptisms this week. Things are pickin up. Merry Almost Christmas :) I love you all!

Les Amo a Todos,
Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment