Monday, December 9, 2013

First Baptism in Satelite

Keepin it classy with President and Hermana Hernandezn

Baptismal night. Joel, Hna Bracamonte, Elder Joyner and I
Dec. 9, 2013

Where do I even start, this week was legit. Ok, I know where to start, its beginning to looks a lot like Christmas. This week it definitely dropped below 65 degrees. Elder Joyner and I had a very memorable moment walking back to our house Tuesday night. We both looked at each other at the same time and said " I'm cold" haha those words haven't come out of my mouth since Cananea, so I'm stoked to start seeing some more cold weather. I'm sure in these upcoming days Joyner and I will head up to the tianguis de palo verde and pick up some cheap sweaters. with the colder fronts now our shower water is chilling, and since we don't want to pay the gas bill that hasn't been payed in like 2 years, we warm up the water for our showers in a 5 gallon pale bucket with a metal rod called a resistencia. Mexico livin keeps us young.

Wednesday we had the opportunity to go through the temple with Jina! She had prepared a couple family names and asked us a while back if we could go with her. after asking permission form pres it was go time Wednesday night. I loved the new video and was really inspired in the celestial room. There is no spirit that can compare to the spirit that dwells in the temple. I felt so close to the heavens!

Friday we had a multi zone conference! It was awesome, and we started the conference out with a bang. My comp, 2 other elders and I sang "Santa La Noche" or "O Holy Night" right at the beginning of the conference. I swear we were singing with angels cuz we sounded like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! Just kidding we weren't that good, but we did have fun practicing and performing that special number. President Hernandez asked Elder Joyner and I to give a brief 15 minute capacitaion on keeping a positive attitude through missionary trials and especially adjusting to the mission. I flipped when I heard what our topic was going to bee, because that's what I love talking about and after reading Dads fireside speech 2 weeks ago I had plenty of info and scriptures to work with so yeah thanks dad!! It all turned out very well and we all went home pumped and ready for this Christmas season.

the end of the week we spent preparing for the baptism of Joel! Friday afternoon we had his interview and Saturday night his baptismal service. Joel Bracamonte is a pretty crazy 9 year kid. We actually had a lot in common. A little ADD, lots of energy and a love for the gospel. It was cool to see his interest in a lot of the gospel topics when he was only 9. (The Brocamonte family had been in active for 2ish years and once finding them on our ward list it was a piece of cake getting them back to church. Later Hermana Bracamonted told us, when Elder Joyner and I rolled up to her doorstep she could feel and see something different. Something so different that she let us in. Many missionaries had previously told us that this family wanted nothing to do with the church anymore and that the Mom had turned down the missionaries for 2ish years. So it was definitely something special for us to be instruments in the Lords hands. I know they were just waiting for the church to strike again) But yes, Joel is a stud and was soooo excited for his baptism from day one. Once in his baptismal clothes he was so anxious to get in the water. I had trhe privilege to baptise and confirm him the next day!

I love the mission and its changing power. I grow stronger everyday and have such an attitude of gratitude this Christmas season. This week was incredible! and what a way to finish it off the the Christmas devotional last night. I'm having the time of my life out here and cant believe time is flying so fast. Thank you family for your constant love and support. I'm working hard and learning lots.

I love the quote mom sent me this week. "you have had an eternity to prepare for your mission and an eternity to reflect on it! But you only have 2 years to live it!", Ill take that to heart this week and enjoy every minute of my time here in Mexico. I know Jesus Christ is the foundation of our lives, is the reason for the season and is our Lord an Savior. He never abandons us or leaves us behind. Look to Christ in times of comfort and you with feel His infinite love! Please remember the nails this Christmas season :)

Much Love,
Elder Farrow

P.S. Ms. Lexi Kunze, I couldn't be more excited for you and your special week ahead. You are like a sister to me and I wish I could be there with you on the 15th! Never forget that the sky is the limit and that baptism is just the start. love you too Lex :)

1. Keepin it classy with President and Hermana Hernandez
2. Baptismal night. Joel, Hna Bracamonte, Elder Joyner and I

No comments:

Post a Comment