Monday, March 24, 2014

Guinea Pigs

March 24, 2014

This week was awesome! I am so tired! I want to explain to you all a little more about what I will be doing this next transfer. Elder Christensen and I have been selected and called to be assistants, like you already know, but with a very specific responsibility. He and I will be traveling around the entire mission doing special temporary splits with leaders in the mission, or maybe a companionship that is struggling a tad. I'm talking 3 or 4 days in one areas, packing up the bags and leaving for another area. to finish up the week. Its kinda hard to explain hah. don't think I'm taking mini vacations, because President expects us to be perfect missionaries. I remember going on 24 hour splits and returning to the house zonked out because, naturally as a leader, you want to put the best example for the other Elders and trabajar como loco. Now I will be privileged to do this every day of the week. I will be working closely with the president, and keeping him informed of the status of every zone. haha This will be fun

This week we actually stayed in Hermosillo and got to help out 2 elders in a brand new area. We worked our tails off, and were able to find so many new families to teach. This was exactly what they needed! We had lots of good lessons and had lots of fun, singing in buses, on street corners and later in sacrament meeting on Sunday. We told them they were our guinea pigs, because we were just starting our experiments. All in all we were blessed to have an awesome week and meets lots of new people. The spirit is such a beautiful power and has really softened my heart this week. I know this church is true and that our Savior is right by our side in His work. I strive to grow daily and look for opportunities to succeed. God knows my strengths and my weaknesses so well, and has surprised me with lately with trials and tons of these opportunities to succeed. It takes a strong will and pure heart to be strictly obedient, but I am well aware that this is what God and Jesus Christ require of their missionaries!

I cant wait to fill you all in on the craziness in store for this week. Tonight Elder Christensen and I head off to Guaymas, and are going to be looking for even more miracles. 2 Nefi 27.23. This is my faith, my love, and my vision! My family is the best, thank you for your constant love and support!

Until Next Week!

Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment