Monday, March 31, 2014

I escaped Hermosillo!

March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom, Bailey and Brin!! love you guys tons! I had a week of miracles! It was honestly such a blast traveling down to Guaymas Sonora this week. It is a pretty good sized town known for their fishing, neighboring spring break town San Carlos, and the 3 Mexican presidents that are from there! I was able to spend 3 days with Elder Mejia (from Honduras) and Elder Bernal (from Seattle) then I finished up the week in another companionship with Elder Evans (Utah) and Elder Torres (from Nicaragua). On this mission it is impossible avoiding spiritual growth when you are constantly around people and members with so much faith. They are such amazing examples to me of how to thrive in a world of moral decay. This Gospel only provides safety for the soul, and this week I was able to see the happiness in the eyes of so many people because of their service to God.

I was able to learn from each missionary, and am very thankful for the opportunity I had to set the example for them and influence them in the work. It is quite a rewarding job being able to see how happy the missionaries are while they are working by your side. It was hard work this week! Way harder than I had imagined. Each night I returned home sore haha from all of the hills. It actually reminded me a lot of Cananea. On Wednesday I realized that it was my first time out of Hermosillo in almost an entire year. What a relief to be out of the city. I was amazed by the green things I saw haha sadly green doesn't really exist in Hermosillo. Also I was able to see the ocean for the 1st time for a year and a half. That was fun!
Like I said, I met some incredible people. I met 2 crazy guys that were both mechanics. they said things like "I love you my brother", their matching mustaches inspired me to give my own mustache a shot after the mission, just kidding... but really. I met Hermano Ismael, who is one of the most dedicated ward mission leaders I have ever met. He did visits with us almost all day on friday. It was his birthday! and he got a gnarly bee sting on his ear that swelled up like crazy. I met a 70 year old woman who walks 45 minutes to church on Sundays and Thursdays fro Relief Society activities. I had many memorable experiences and was uplifted and motivated by the tender mercies of the Lord  that I saw

However, at the end of a particular exhausting week in Guaymas, my small duffle bag of missionary clothes was overloaded and my mind was preoccupied with the question, "How can I possibly do this?". I felt so tired and was spiritually drained. Arriving back in Hermosillo we taxied to our house, where I climbed the stairs to our bedroom, dropped my bag and backpack on the floor and fell to my knees in sincere prayer. Like He had time and time again, my Father in Heaven redirected my focus to look heavenward, where I could be healed and strengthened by Christs atonement. I know that when we exercise our faith and look to God for support, we will not be overwhelmed by the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we have been called to do, or need to do. For me, this faith is a necessity so we can open the windows of heaven and receive His Divine direction. Then, with lots of courage, we must act on the direction we receive. This week I learned that we must look up and step up, and as we do we will cheer up because God wants us to be happy!

I love life, and honestly looking forward to a good nights rest to start off this conference week! My love for God fuels me to work my hardest every day. I only hope that the world can see the passion I have for what I do. My family is so legit and I appreciate your prayers, they never go unanswered! Have a fantastic week!

Con Amor,
Elder Farrow

The Brothers!


C

Elder Torres and Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment