Sunday, April 27, 2014

This is the Lords Work!

April 27, 2014







There really are no words that describe the joy I feel being a representative of Jesus Christ and especially working as a leader with lots of missionaries in this mission. I swear from the moment I wake up in the morning, I am smiling! I am blown away by the incredible faith I have been able to see working with the Elders in these last couple weeks. These last 7 days I was privileged to travel back to my missionary birthplace in Cananea and Agua Prieta! haah!! it was so much fun to see old faces of members, converts and even a few friends that never quite made it to the baptismal waters ;) Cananea is still dusty as ever, but miraculously looked way more green, but maybe I had just been in Hermosillo too long. I honestly never imagined I would be back in there again, well at least as a missionary. There are now has 2 sets of missionaries in the pueblo, but I was only able to stay with my buddy Elder Huerta (Puebla) and his companion Elder Vasquez  (DF). I interviewed an awesome, super prepared young lady named Caren who was baptized on Saturday. I was able to teach by example and show the Elders how easy and fun it was to talk to randoms in the street and find tons more people to teach.

Shuttling solo from Cananea to Agua Preita I took 50 minute nap on the bus, it never stops to be a very exhausting work. Hopping off the bus I was super stoked to be in a colder climate haha I was kinda cold for the 1st time in a year. It was way windy all week and enjoyed throwing on a sweater for a change. I was with my good friend Elder Valle and his new companion Elder Bernhisel.

Entre muchas experiencias que tuvimos, there was one experience that really stood out to me. Somehow we shuffled our way around companionships so that we were in a trio with Elder Johnson, who was going to give a baptismal interview to a young princess named Yatsiri. She was one of the most beautiful young girls I had ever met, filled with love and light, and extremely prepared for her baptism. But, the story had a kink in its plot. Her Mother, at first, wasn't willing to give her permission for her baptism. Upon arriving at her house we saw Yatsiri her brothers and mother in their humble kitchen almost as if they were waiting for us. We were accompanied by a few sisters from the branch who had been lifetime friends and large help for this slowly dissolving family. Yatsiri´s mother, was not happy and was very sure she wasn't going to sign any paper letting her 11 year old daughter enter the baptismal waters. In this kitchen we first answered a few questions, later resolved a few doubts. I felt like there wasn't much we could do because the mother was firm in her decision. However as we decided to sing a hymn and say a prayer a powerful spirit entered the room. The spirit was only strengthened by a mighty testimony by Elder Valle as he poured his heart out about the love he had for his Savior, the Gospel and young Yatsiri. Tears fell from his eyes, my eyes, the moms eyes, everybody's eyes haha we then shared a lesson Jesus taught to His apostles in Matthew 19:13-14, where Christ says "suffer the little children and forbid them not, to come unto me, for such is the kingdom of heaven". Nobody could deny the beautiful spirit we felt. All doubt and fear left this young mother as she confided in the Holy Ghost she felt. Making a long story short enough for a weekly email, we were able to give Yatsiri an interview, her mother signed the papers, and on Saturday afternoon we had a very special baptismal service.

This week we were truly part of modern day miracles! This IS the Lords work and He IS changing the hearts of many. The spirit testified pure doctrine to our hearts, that baptism is an essential saving ordinance. Words cannot describe the joy I feel to be a part of this global religious movement, this glorious and eternal missionary service. I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in his hands, I strive to live worthy of the blessing I receive, and daily I seek to be bold and diligent. I love the scripture in Mormon 8:22 that tells us that "the eternal purposes of the Lord shall roll on, until all his promises shall be fulfilled." Now, more that ever I feel that God is fulfilling his promises and that this is the time to act, invite, and to baptize. I am so grateful and blessed to be a part of this work. My passion grows for it every waking hour.

I love my family, and am so thankful for your support. I hope you all have an incredible week! :)

All My Heart,
Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment