Monday, June 16, 2014

Crazy Week for Everyone!

June 16, 2013
Elder Corona!!

Kickin it!!!

"welcome to the mission!" hahah :D workin hard!


Brooooooke! Argentina!!!! hahah I am beyond stoked for you my little sister! You will be incredible and I am pumped to see you progress in these next 2 years to come. Happy Fathers Day dad!! I owe you alot, and love you vey much. Who woulda thought staying a half hour after baseball practice fielding ground balls in Kit Carson park woulda helped me out here in the mission field. You have formed me into the person I am today and am so thankful for your constant example an incredible father!

But man, strap on you seat belt and throw on a helmet if you can find one close, cuz this email is gonna stunn you! haha well maybe not, but honestly this week was incredible. After getting to know my companion a little bit more I know we are going to do amazing things here in PeƱasco. He is a hard worker and an energizer bunny! My area is full of work, and really enjoyed teaching to many this week! it really is a beautiful little town. There is a very rich, hotel side of town, and then a more humble side or the neighborhood where Elder Corona and I work. The people are humble and happy. They have great Mexican pride, and crack up when I tell them I used to play profecional football in france. but now they sent me hear to play for the Mexican team. haha I don't know, I am always joking around here with the people and straight up having the time of my life. You could only imagine the friends I am making here. I love how easily the members here can put their trust in the missionaries. We worked hard with them this week, and even though we were new to the area, we had very good results this week. I remember opening an area in Hermosillo, and now, doing almost the exact same thing, it is a whole different ballgame. I have learned how to work well as a missionary, and look forward to applying absolutely evrything I have learned in these last 2 years right now in my final 2 transfers. and more than anything to teach my comp how to work hard here in the mission. I have also enjoyed being a District Leader again. not so much responsibility like before, but a very key part in the leadership chain. I don't know if that makes sense. hah

I am having the time of my life and am thrilled with the excitement on the other side of the border. My family is doing great things, and I am so blessed to have an army of support behind me. I strive daily to be faithful and diligent to live and honor the covenants I have made with God. He has made me strong, and keeps me strong when the world tells me I cant be. Having an enthusiastic approach to difficult situations has helped me conquer trials in these last 2 years, and I have to plans to change my perspective on things out here. This church is so true, and Christ is truly at the head of this incredible missionary force!

I hope you all have an amazing week! Choose to be happy :D

Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment