Monday, June 30, 2014

Under the Stars...Living the Dream!

July 1, 2014




1. Making empanadas at an investigators house!


2. Josefina and her family :)


This week flew by like a peregrine falcon hunting a mouse that's for sure. I was blessed to see many tender mercies and also able to have our first baptism here in peƱasco! Her name was Josefina and has a very special place in my heart. She was the only one in her family to be baptised and put lots behind her to make the decision of baptism. There is nothing like seeing a smiling face of a convert on confirmation Sunday! pure joy my family! Its what the mission is all about. Seeing their happiness makes all worries go away. seriously.

Even through ups and downs in the week Elder Corona and I were able to maintain our focus and positive drive. We traveled to Caborca early Tuesday morning for a special multi zone conference and president asked me to speak again. I was assigned the topic of prayer again, and was able to express myself exceptionally well. One of the moments when the spirit guides your thoughts, and words. pretty sweet :) We finished the week with huge dats and were blessed to see 9 new investigators in church on Sunday. That was a great feeling too. We worked well with the members this week. One hermana named Isabel has 75ish years old but scoots along like a 40 year old with animo. she called us at 5pm Thursday afternoon and asked us "elders where are you at? I want to go do visits with you!" haha we met up and she joined us in 3 solid visits, and her example, faith and testimony were exactly what our investigators needed. Later in the week also we had a pretty incredible lesson at night when we watched a short 25 minute video on the atonement and then later testified of Christ to a crowd of less actives, neighbors and investigators. like 20 people in total :D

 I sleep outside on our balcony under the stars every night! As I prepare myself to sleep, I have a precious 5-10 minutes of my day when I reflect and and ponder. where I count my blessings and say my personal prayers. I am living the dream and have no plans to slow down. I love this gospel, this church, my God and my Savior!

Have an incredible week!
Mucho Love!
Elder Farrow

1. Making empanadas at an investigators house!
2. Josefina and her family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment