Friday, October 12, 2012

4 weeks and counting!

 Blake studying away at the MTC!

 Blake sends his roomate from college off to Chile!!!  Way to go Elder Zach Carter.
 
 He must have needed a haircut;)

 Artsy!

 Haven't heard that he has a twisted ankle....boys will be boys!!!

 Elder Farrow enjoys the Provo Temple on his p-days.

 His momma sent him a pillowcase with a great quote.....not forgetting to say your prayers.

 Elder Jones and Elder Farrow push forward as companions and to learn the Spanish language.

 Doing laundry on his day off!!!!

Video clip of how the Elder is doing;)


Hello!!!! ahhhh another week has flown by! P-Day is always looked forward to as an MTC Missionary. Communication day! This week was absolutely average!!! haha A lot of work, and studying as usual! I finished reading Our Search for Happiness by Elder Ballard yesterday! it was fantastic. I really enjoyed tearing through those pages, so I checked off one of the books from my reading list.

I don't know if I have told you about TRC!? It stands for Teaching Recourse Center and its where real members come and as voulunteers and we just teach em a 20 minute lesson. Its kinda like when the missionaries come over to our house for FHE! I had a great experience there this week. Our first lesson was shmeh (just ok) but our second lesson was sooo goood! It was one of the first times so far I was able to really express my self in Spanish! it was bizarre, the spanish sentences starting flowing like an espanol river! the spirit really took over! And Elder Jones and I taught a great lesson about prayer and personal revelation. It was another glimpse into the future, I cant wait for all the experiences I am going to have in the field.

To my cousin Garret!!!! Elder Pliler! It is such an amazing experience knowing that I am serving as a missionary at the same time as my cousin! you are such a stud, and you are in my prayers! I hope the visa comes soon! Chicago has been blessed with a hard working and positive missionary! keep up the good work, and I hope to email you more when I am out in the field and P-Day is a bit more relaxed with the e-mail time.

Just some clarification, I did not attend the temple dedication, it was broadcasted in the gym and I watched it with all the missionaries! but a great experience none the less. I love attending the Gospel and I love having the opportunity to go every Friday morning! I went to a session this morning and loved it! I am growing very close to my district and it feels like a brotherhood with these guys. Its been a lot of fun getting to know all of the missionaries in the zone.

This week was slightly different considering I didn't have my Zone Leader duties. I had quite a bit more time to myself! personal study is great! everyday I get at least an hour of study. I love the Book of Mormon. You all should read it haha Hey mom, I love you. thank you for always being a strength in my life. I was reading in Alma chapter 57 about the Strippling Warriors. Man those guys were studs. Id like to think that I am kind of like them, looking up to Captain Helaman and all. Read Alma 57:21 :)

Also, a scripture in 2 Nephi 4 really stood out to me. in verse 28 it reads, "Awake my soul! No longer droop in sin. REJOICE, O my heart, and give place no more to the enemy of my soul." WOW! I love it. After reading this on Wednesday morning I wrote it in my journal right away. To me it helped me realize that we have all made mistakes in our past, and as long as we have repented we need to move on, be happy, and rejoice. Never looking back.

As I said, this week was a pretty normal week. I still enjoy playing sand volleyball, and schooling white kids in soccer. Thank you for your letters again, they are much appreciated. Mom again thank you for the book you sent me. I love lookin at those family pictures. And so do my fellow Missionaries, they happen to have little crushes on all of my sisters. Brittany thanks for sharing your experiences with your family in DC. What an incredible trip! Count your many blessings family, we really are so lucky to have everything in our lives. Grandma and Grandpa Moon, thanks for your letter, a hand written letter should be in the mail this week for you both :)

I know I seem to go off every week about how much I love being a missionary, but it is so true. It is such an incredible feeling knowing that you are going to go out into the world sharing the Gospel with everyone. These next 4 weeks need to come soon, because I'm ready to get out to mexico. I know those mexicans are ready for me too! I love serving the Lord and working hard everyday!

I AM A MISSIONARY FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS.
I AM A LEADER, A WARRIOR, AND A DEFENDER OF THE FAITH.
I WILL NEVER LEAVE A COMPANION, A BROTHER OR A SISTER BEHIND,
AND IF GOD BE WILLING, I WILL NOT FAIL!

You are all in my prayers. Stay positive and be happy! This church is true.

Love,

Elder Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment