Friday, October 19, 2012

MTC, a spiritual powerhouse prison!

Oct. 19, 2012

The official name tag!!! 

I am sure this was an exciting reunion!!!  Jacob Clingo's first day in the MTC!!!
Hello Family!

It's strange to think that I have already been a missionary for a month and a half. It seems like just yesterday I was schooling Brinley in pool volleyball, and now I'm a full time working missionary! I love it. This week wasn't too bad at all. I love the constant feelings of the spirit here, there really is no place like the MTC. My Spanish is getting a lot better. I know this because the Elders that sleep in my room with me tell me that I wake them up in the middle of the night when I sleep talk. Get this, I bare my testimony aloud IN SPANISH when I'm sleeping. I must be doing something right as a Spanish learning missionary. haha but really I am loving learning this language. My district has made specific language goals, this week we tried our best to speak only spanish. It was rough, by the end of the day my head killed, sometimes I get a little depressed because I cant express myself as well as I want to in spanish, but I stick to it. My district is great, they are hard working and diligent Elders. I am very thankful for the opportunity I have had to be in the MTC with them.

To answer some of your questions about being a district leader. I'm sure that being a DL in the field is tons different, but here in the MTC I hold interviews with the senior companions of each companionship weekly, and report back to the Zone Leaders and Branch Presidency. I also pick up the mail 2 times a day after lunch and dinner. I have leadership training meetings twice a week and report again at Branch Council on Sunday. It's fun. I also conduct district council and run opening excercises before every class.

Fam, life is very good here, and I am really enjoying my time preparing for my service in Mexico. Less that 20 days till I'm in a plane to Hermosillo. Some might say I'm going crazy, I am so ready to leave this spiritual powerhouse prison and start teaching the people of Mexico. I love thinking about the people that I will meet, teach and learn to love! shoot, I already love them. Leaving to Boise last week another glimpse of the outside world haha

Remember hearing from Shane M. Bowen at Saturday Morning Conference? He was the seventy that spoke of self pity and shared his personal experience when he lost one of his children! I had the chance to hear from him on Tuesday night! he was a powerful speaker that really brought the spirit, I couldn't get enough of what he was saying. Chelsea gave me a suggestion in one of her Dear Elders to me about drawing a line down the middle of my note page and on one side write what my physical ears hear and on the other what my spiritual ears hear, and to record what the spirit tells me! It worked so well, and I was just pouring my heart out on the spiritual ears side of my paper. What I got most out of his talk was how obedience is essential to successful missionary work (seems to be a pattern in all MTC Devotionals) and that miracles DO exist today and will happen regularly on our missions. He also spoke about some of the changes that are going to take place in the MTC and mission field in the next couple months. spanish elders will only be spending 6 weeks in here instead of 9! Im so jealous haha but the church is supposed to be doubling their missionaries from 55,000 to OVER 100,000!!!! crazy! this gospel is taking off and I couldn't be more excited to be a part of this great movement.

My good friend Jacob Clingo joined me in the forces this week. Do you remember him? He was so cute. How can I explain this... ok, when I dropped Brinley off at her first day of 1st grade and she was really nervous and had a tear in her eye. That's how he was! nahhhh Just Kidding. He's doing great, and stands about 3 inches taller in his missionary moot boots, just like me! I look forward to spending a little more time with him before I head off to Mexico.

My time is dying down on this email! every week its difficult to tell you all that happened! To summarize, I love being a missionary and serving the Lord. I look forward to the next 2 years of my  life with all my heart. I KNOW that I am doing what I am supposed to at this time in my life. Its a great feeling sharing your testimony everyday, something that was once so foreign to me but is now becoming a very good habit of mine. Thank you for your constant love and support. Wednesday I got a letter from 4 of you family members and it was soooo good to hear from you! made my night. Brooke you are gorgeous, I saw your homecoming pictures today. Mitchell you are gorgeous too. Mom and Dad I am striving to be the missionary that you are praying for me to be everyday! I love you all, more than you know. Kia Kaha

-Elder Farrow da beast

P.S. I'm singing Come thou Fount in Sacrament meeting this Sunday! Pray that my voice wont crack! haha just kidding, that wont happen until I start puberty ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment